How to get your Perkins Brailler repaired:
Our braillers are complex, mechanical devices, so repairing them requires specialized skills. We suggest that you maintain your brailler and when it comes to repairs, contact a skilled technician.
Send your brailler to Perkins:
You can always send your brailler to Perkins, where we will gladly do the repairs for you!
Send your brailler to a local repair specialist:
Find a repair specialist in your area with the skills required to repair your brailler.
How to send your brailler to Perkins for repairs:
- Package brailler: Place the brailler in a box for safe shipping. Allow 2 inches between the widest part of the brailler (feed knobs) and the box. While a brailler box with inserts is ideal, you may also use standard packing material, bubble wrap and newspaper to pad and protect the brailler. Don't use Styrofoam peanuts, as they will damage the interior of the brailler. Be sure to include a description of what needs repair and your contact information inside the box.
- Shipping within the United States: The brailler can be shipped USPS from you to the repair center free, categorized as Free Matter for the Blind. Contact your local post office for instructions.
- Shipping outside the United States: Contact Perkins for a quote or contact a local repair center for more information on services they may offer you.
Mail to: Perkins Solutions: Repairs, 175 N. Beacon Street, Watertown, MA 02472
- Don't forget to include inside the box, a note with your full name, phone number, and email address & a detailed description of what needs repairs.
Warranty repair information:
- Each Perkins Brailler® & SMART Brailler® is under warranty for one year, parts and labor, after purchase.
- Proof of purchase is required to be eligible for warranty services. Please include a copy of the receipt in your shipment.
- Warranty products should only be sent to Perkins or repair centers with Level 4-Warranty Repair Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much does it cost to repair my brailler?
- Cost of repair varies depending on the product and the type of repairs required.
- We will evaluate your brailler when it arrives and provide a quote for approval before we begin the repair process.
- Repairs often are included under the Federal Quota System and therefore may qualify for reimbursement.
- We accept payment via personal check, money order, purchase order or credit card.
- Payment must be received before we return your repaired brailler.
How long will it take for my Brailler to repaired?
- Braillers are typically repaired within one to three weeks from when they are received.
How do I get my name added to this list of local repair specialists?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Where can I get parts for my brailler?
- Customers within the US can buy parts from Perkins on our website.
- International customers must contact our customer service by phone (617-972-7308) or email us at email@example.com.